The NILIE Staff thanks you for your interest in the PACE Climate Survey for Community Colleges! Your campus will join over 100 institutions who administer the PACE Climate Survey and utilize our reports to inform strategic planning. There are many benefits to using the PACE Climate Survey, and we look forward to developing a survey that meets your needs. We invite all partners to follow these initial steps to get started.
Throughout the process, the NILIE Staff is here to assist you. We enjoy working with our partners from the initial stages of survey development to interpreting the final report. Our staff prides itself in providing personalized assistance as needed for each institution. We join you in wanting a successful survey administration. Thank you for considering the PACE Climate Survey as an instrument to inform strategic planning, leadership, and institutional effectiveness!
For more information, please review this PACE Climate Survey brochure.
- Contact us to learn more about the survey instrument and discuss custom options that can be made to meet your institution’s needs.
- Confirm your interest in administering the survey by completing an electronic questionnaire that captures initial information needed to create a service agreement.
- Once received, review and return the service agreement with appropriate signatures.
- Prepare to mail at least 50% of the payment before your launch date.
- Decide how your institution would like to distribute the survey (open-link distributed by your staff or personalized emails from NILIE).
- Consider when you want to administer the survey; we recommend launching the survey any time from August through November and January through early May. A summer launch does not result in high response rate; therefore, it is not recommended.
Preparing for Launch
- Our staff provides a survey draft that includes the 46-items, 8 demographic questions, selected subscales, and custom questions as requested.
- Review our suggestions on how best to market your survey in advance.
- Our staff provides a respondent rate tracker link to give you as estimated response rate while the survey is open.
- If you forget someone from your distribution list, our staff is happy to help and adjust the distribution list as needed.
- We will confirm your closing date to make sure you are happy with your response rate.
- Once the survey closes, report creation takes 8 weeks, excluding any University holidays.
- Upon completion, the report is provided via email and we are available to answer any questions as needed.