The PACE Climate Survey for Community Colleges is an innovative online survey instrument that allows institutions to easily assess their progress and highlight areas for growth, define areas needing change or improvement, and set the stage for more in-depth strategic planning.
The PACE Climate Survey is based on an evidence-based model that demonstrates that the leadership of an institution motivates four climate factors–institutional structure, supervisory relationship, teamwork, and student focus–that impact student success and institutional effectiveness. Thus, as an employee survey, the PACE asks respondents to evaluate the institution on the climate factors using a five-point scale.
Institutions receive a comprehensive report that outlines the survey results, including the standard PACE Climate Survey and demographic reports, a personnel classification report, a qualitative report, and custom report if an institution uses custom questions.
“The results of the [PACE] survey gave us valuable information to use in developing a new strategic plan.”Michael Gagner, Blackhack Technical College
Benefits of the PACE Climate Survey
- Quick and easy administration
- Online survey
- Inclusive approach
- Cost effective
- Well-tested, reputable instrument
- Easy to understand summary reports
- Detailed narratives of results
NILIE clients use results from the PACE Climate Survey in many ways, including:
- To develop a strategic plan or evaluate the effectiveness of strategic plan implementation
- As a guide to campus climate before, during, or after a structural change in institutional organization or leadership
- To fulfill accreditation requirements
- To measure growth or change in institutional climate and effectiveness over a multi-year period
- To assess the effectiveness of a new college initiative, project, or practice
- As a means to better understand campus issues