- Please contact PACE_survey@ncsu.edu. Information we will need to know:
- Contact information of the client representative for this project
- The date you would like the survey to launch to participants
- Previous clients –Whether you would like the report to include data strictly from this administration, or if you would like the report to compare data between administrations
- If you would like to administer one or several of NILIE’s subscales in conjunction with the PACE survey
- After receiving this information, we will send you a quick questionnaire to complete (info will be pre-filled in based on above responses)
- Once we have the above information, PACE staff will email a contract (in PDF) to the client representative.
- Please sign and return the contract via email (in PDF) or by regular postal mail
- We are happy to make modifications to the contract per the client’s request; however, any modifications will likely delay the launch time of the survey.
- A minimum of 50% of the total invoice is due at the start of the project. Clients may also pay the invoice in full. If paying 50%, final payment is due upon project completion.
- Please mail payment(s) to: NILIE/ NCSU, Attention Haruna Suzuki, Box 7801 Poe 310, Raleigh, NC 27695-7801.
- Once we receive the signed contract and down payment, PACE staff can begin work on the survey process.
- We strongly recommend that personal invitations are sent to participants to take the online survey.
- Research shows, and our experiences are consistent with, higher response rates when participants get invitations from a third party.
- In order to send personal invitations, we need an Excel spreadsheet of the participant names and email addresses. Please put the participants’ first name under column A, last name under column B, and email address under column C.
- Please submit the spreadsheet of participant information at least one week prior to when you would like the survey to launch.
- Please inform your IT staff that PACE survey email invitations will be coming so that they do not get caught in SPAM filters.
- The survey comes from the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The title of the emails that come from the PACE staff are “PACE Survey-School name”.
- The IP ranges that Qualtrics sends out email on are 188.8.131.52/27 and 184.108.40.206/22.
- Please plan to inform employee participants that our email will be coming so they do not delete the survey thinking it is SPAM.
- Encourage your employees to participate in the PACE Survey.
TENTATIVE TIMELINE OF THE PACE PROCESS:
- Week 1: Client representative contacts the PACE staff. Client fills in questionnaire. PACE staff gather signature from Executive Director.
- Week 2-3: PACE staff emails service agreement, contract, and invoice to client representative.
- Week 3-4: Client representative gets signature from campus representative. Client representative emails signed contract and mails in payment. Payment due before start of project (full or initial amount).
- Week 5: PACE staff sends draft of survey to client representative. Client representative emails participant Excel spreadsheet.
- Week 4-5: Client representative approves draft at least one week prior to launch date. PACE staff sends test email invitation to designated client.
- Week 6: PACE staff sends invitation to participants and survey launches.
- Week 7-8: PACE staff sends reminders every week to those who have not taken the survey.
- Week 9: Survey closes 2-3 weeks after launch. You will receive an email confirming that you want the survey to close.
- Week 10-17: PACE staff work on data analysis and report compilation.
- Week 15-17: PACE staff emails report to client representative within 8 business weeks of survey closing. Mail final payment.
- Week 16-20: School reviews report and requests any changes. Otherwise, this is considered the final report.
We recommend launching the survey anytime August through November and January through early May. A summer launch is not recommended due to vacations and employees on nine, ten, or eleven month contracts. Depending on your institution, some activities may take more time, adding additional weeks. Also, this tentative timeline does not account for when NILIE is closed due to University breaks or holidays.